COMMUNICATIONS AND SUSTAINABILITY SPECIALIST
Provide support in overall Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program including its global strategy, goals, initiatives and continuous development of sustainable practices, processes and products. The role involves managing and enhancing the annual sustainability report, maintaining the CSR section of the website, providing input and participating in formal survey requests, providing guidance and implementing improvements and best practice to the global CSR strategy at Core Lab.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Generate innovative ideas to address emerging or potential corporate responsibility and sustainability issues in a way that advances company priorities. Consistently presents solutions clearly, enhances existing ideas to maximize opportunities, supports a creative, innovative environment and connects the dots to find the ideal connection between community needs and business resources.
- Collaborate with the business and key departments to define, develop and implement the priority culture initiatives, spearhead corporate CSR initiatives, manage the philanthropic investments and help to track progress made.
- Creatively oversea, design and develop the annual sustainability report.
- Participate and provide input in formal survey requests in addition to seeking additional opportunities for Core Lab.
- Analyze survey submissions, and develop initiatives and improvements that enhance CSR at Core Lab.
- Development and implement CSR activities and programs.
- Provide day‐to‐day management of Core Lab’s CSR program including developing a system to keep track of company‐wide activities.
- Foster relationships with Human Resources, Corporate Development, and the Business Units to work seamlessly with brands and business units to create social responsibility goals, track progress and report on efforts.
- Stay abreast of CSR best practice and drive continuous improvement with the Core Lab’s CSR efforts.
- Connect to emerging trends in digital culture and develop innovative new ways to maximize the reach of Core Lab’s social impact efforts across social media.
- Passionately drive awareness and expansion of the program globally.
- Develop and execute metrics-driven strategies to measure program’s overall success.
- Provide support, advice and management information to the Executive Team and senior management in respect to CSR-related matters.
- Ensure that the company is aware of and compliant with its CSR-related legislative obligations.
- Works closely with leaders to develop and implement communication strategies focused on aligning and engaging colleagues across the organization around key priorities, programs, processes, and initiatives.
- Champions change through effective communication strategies that help employees and stakeholders understand the why.
- Produces clear, concise and compelling communications for varied audiences, using a wide range of media and vehicles, aligning to overall organizational strategy.
- Connected to leadership, this role drives the adoption of consistent messaging and processes.
- Continuously evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of communication processes and vehicles.
- Determine which platforms /what post types are best used to achieve corporate message objectives.
- Write and edit content for social media.
- Write and edit content for websites.
- Work directly with the business units to update social media platforms and determine plan for new content and content strategies.
- Tracks metrics and provides regular reports.
- Edits and proofreads all public facing written materials, including brochures, press releases, social media posts, invitations, and web content.
- Maintains editorial style guide and brand standards.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A completed Bachelor's Degree in related field required and five (5) plus years’ experience within some of the areas of responsibility: Corporate Responsibility, Social Media, Communications, Sustainability, EHS, Ethics Compliance, Employee/Labor Relations, Human Rights, Community Involvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to function effectively both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and maintain the proper balance between meeting the business needs and managing the available resources.
- Ability to interpret data, trends, and present data/results/output using software applications.
- Data oriented for conducting audits, evaluating risks and creating reports.
- Creative ability to design CSR related material, documents and reports.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong communication and change management skills required, in addition to ability to build strong relationships both vertically and horizontally
- Superb writing skills with the ability to flex based on audience and topic
- Effective oral and written communication skills in a variety settings and styles.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products and ability to utilize other tools/online platforms.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with a diverse group of professionals across departments/organizations and globally.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences
- Experience in managing at a minimum these platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, others are a plus but these are a must
- Project management experience a plus.